To say that breakfast is my favourite meal of the day would be an understatement and unlike most people I’m very much a sweet breakfast kind of person. Throughout this year I’ve developed quite the interest in cooking and trying new things, so this weekend I tried a new pancake recipe. I can honestly say it’s one of the best pancakes recipes I’ve ever made. It’s all vegan and really tastes like buttermilk pancakes I used order in a restaurant for brunch on a Sunday. I made the pancakes with cherry compote and added some peanut butter, but I feel like you could add anything to them or in the batter and they’s still be just as good, so keep on reading for the recipe and how to make these delicious pancakes that literally take 30min to make.
PANCAKES (makes about 8 large pancakes):
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds, 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups plant milk of your choice (I used soya milk)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (use gluten free flour to make recipe GF)
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Make chia eggs (mix chia seeds & water), then set aside
- In a separate bowl add your plant milk and lemon juice and MIX. Then add the vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, and MIX.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, then mix in the chia egg.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour or scoop batter into the pan
- If you want add other ingredients such as lemon zest and blueberries, or chocolate chips.
- Allow the first side to cook until the edge of the pancake is dry, and the top is covered in bubbles.
- Flip and cook for another minute or so.
And there you have it. Super easy and super delicious. If you do make them, take a picture, post it and let me know how they turned out! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for more cool content.